Family Friday: April 4

CC is becoming such an independent little lady and is consistently doing more and more things for herself.  She spends time each day practicing putting on her shoes (and our shoes).  She insists on washing herself in the bath with a soapy washcloth and actually does a good job with some spoken directions from us.  She mimics many things that she sees me doing such as "cooking" with a mixing bowl and a whisk (that she gets out of a kitchen drawer herself) and putting on my makeup and deodorant (with the cap and lids on).  She is also starting to have opinions about her outfits and decides which shoes she wants to wear.


The book "French Kids Eat Everything" (love that book!) says that if a child doesn't like a food it's only because they haven't tried it enough times yet.  I keep that in mind for CC and her new dislike for vegetables.  I continue to make and offer different veggies despite the fact that she doesn't always eat them.  This past week she actually ate (and enjoyed) grilled zucchini, portobello mushroom, and carrots!  The carrots were in a Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup that I made which she couldn't get enough of... especially the carrots in it.

CC still doesn't like drinking milk but will drink smoothies now.  Johnnie and I drink smoothies often and CC will usually drink a small cup of her own.  We blend together milk and banana with other fruits of choice.  We always have large bags of frozen mango, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries in our freezer for smoothie making.  Sometimes we blend in other things such as yogurt, fruit juice, kale, spinach, or spirulina powder.

The pearls and the shoes were completely her own choice for this evening walk and she insists on holding the leash :)


Some of our other struggles are becoming easier.  CC used to love brushing her teeth when she was a younger but for the past few months it has been a challenge.  Lately she has gotten a little more cooperative.  While she sucks on the toddler toothbrush that she holds, I ask for quick turns with the toddler toothbrush that I hold and we end up with a pretty good brushing.

Hair washing (or actually the rinsing part) has always been a struggle that CC is also getting more cooperative with.  She now lies back voluntarily in the shallow water so I can quickly rinse the suds out.  She still doesn't like it and whimpers but at least she no longer screams.

Love those curls!


CC has such a good time playing with Dulce every day and Dulce usually appears to enjoy the attention.  Dulce is an extremely patient dog with CC and puts up with almost everything she does to her.  CC is getting better at being gentle with Dulce although we still occasionally have to remind her not to grab her tail or hit her with things.  One of these days I'm going to see Dulce run past me wearing a dress :)


This past week I bought an Olloclip 3-in-1 Photo Lens for my iPhone and I am loving it!  The lens fits onto the corner of your iPhone and has a wide angle, fisheye, and macro lens.  Although I have a pro DSLR, I tend to use my iPhone most for everyday photos.  The Olloclip takes phone photos to the next level and is so fun to use!

I always edit my iPhone photos with apps on my iPhone before posting them online.  By the way, I'm still going strong with my 2014daybyday challenge on Instagram!  My two favorite photo editing apps are PicTapGo and Afterlight.  Sometimes I only use one of those apps, while other times I use both.  Afterlight has some neat filters but is best for for cropping, straightening, sharpening, and adjusting specifics.  PicTapGo allows you to layer filter upon filter (and adjust the opacity of each one) to create some fantastic looks.







*******
"The whole point of taking pictures is so that 
you don’t have to explain things with words."
~ Elliott Erwitt

No comments:

Post a Comment