Family Friday: 14 Weeks

Warning: Family Friday posts are an open and honest update of our pregnancy.  There will be references to lady parts, internal organs, and bodily functions.  There will also be photos of baby bumps and ultrasounds.  If any of this bothers you, please stop reading now.

14 Weeks

THE BABY:
 -  is about 3.5 inches long
 -  is developing an ultra-fine covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his/her body
 -  is producing urine and is peeing
 -  can form facial expressions like squinting and frowning
 -  is busy strengthening his/her muscles by kicking and moving (I still can't feel it yet)


WEIGHT:  +.5 pound.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the massive amount of Easter chocolate that I ate this week :)

BODY:  My waist is now at +2 inches, my lower belly is at +2 inches, and my hips are at +.5 inch.  The first three months of pregnancy are period of rapid development for the baby, while the second three months are a period of rapid growth.  The baby is now growing at a rate of a half inch every week!  My uterus is currently about the size of a large grapefruit and I'm starting to feel my ligaments stretching daily to accommodate it.

THE GOOD:  Nausea is disappearing!  It lasted from week 6 through week 13 which is plenty long enough!  As long as I eat the right foods, my stomach feels good all day.  But that's the kicker... it's only if I eat the right foods.

THE BAD:  I woke up with an awful headache on Tuesday that made me completely useless all day and never fully went away.  Pain has been disrupting my sleep and daily activities all week... even now as I'm typing this.  To top that off, I had mucus in the back of my throat on Tuesday that relocated to my nose on Wednesday and then blossomed into a stuffy head, runny nose, and body aches (but no fever) - I'm afraid I have caught a cold :(  I hope it doesn't last long!

FOOD:  I'm still in food limbo.  There are foods that look and smell good now but when I eat them, they make me sick in the stomach.  I desperately want to branch out and eat more of a variety but it's hard to know what will agree with my stomach and what won't.

EXERCISE:  I only made it to the gym for weights and cardio once this week before my crazy headache and ill feeling put me out of commission.

OTHER NOTES:  We're moving!  I wrote yesterday about how we've been living in a hotel for two months waiting for our house on the Air Force base to be ready.  On Tuesday morning, we'll get the keys and move in.  I am so excited to finally have a place to call home on this island!  After living in an apartment in Korea for a year, I'm also thrilled to have a back porch to relax on outside and to have a yard for Dulce.  This will be our first time living on a military base as a married couple.  This is a large base that offers a lot that I'm looking forward to such as the fitness center (that offers fitness classes!), the dog beach, a people beach, library, shopping and restaurants, gas stations and convenience stores, post office, churches, jogging trails, playgrounds, sports fields, a swimming pool, and best of all... safe living in a great neighborhood :)

*******
"No commitment in the whole world demands
quite as much as bringing up children."
~Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard

4 comments:

  1. Every Friday, is a special Friday since A.G. started posting the updates of her pregnacy on her blog. Every Friday or Sat. morning, I look forward to read and see her pictures. God bless her and bless her womb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy that tank in every color?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL :) They are actually super cheap and thin tanks so I did buy quite a few colors for this project. No, I don't have every color and there 24 weeks left to go so I'll have to start repeating eventually!

      Delete