Family Friday: 26 weeks

Warning: Family Friday posts are an open and honest update of our pregnancy.  There will be references to lady parts, internal organs, and bodily functions.  There will also be photos of baby bumps and ultrasounds.  If any of this bothers you, please stop reading now.

26 Weeks

I'm veering from my normal Family Friday format this week due to travel and a surprise event!

On Monday night I left Hawaii for a trip to the mainland.  I arrived in Pennsylvania on Tuesday evening to visit my family for a few days.  We're driving to upstate New York today (where we'll meet up with Johnnie) for my cousin's wedding.  Johnnie and I will be flying back to Hawaii after the weekend.

I've been living on the island of Oahu for five months now.  While there are many great things about living in Hawaii, it is ultimately just a small island.  This has made me come to appreciate the wide open countryside of Pennsylvania more than I ever thought I would!  The night I arrived, my whole family gathered at my parent's house for a campfire cookout.  It was so great seeing everyone again since it's been almost a year since I last saw them.  I grew up in a family of six, which over the past ten years has grown to become a family of 15, soon to be 16 with Baby G!  I love having such a big family and I love that Baby G has so many amazing aunts, uncles, and cousins :)

Yesterday, my mom and I went to meet some friends for lunch, which we usually do when I'm home visiting.  Only this wasn't just a lunch... it was a surprise baby shower!!  I had no clue that they had it planned.  It was so touching and sweet of everyone to arrange it and to be there!  Baby G is already loved by so many people and I can't wait for her to meet everyone :)


My mom and I                                                                My Gram and I

My sweet nieces and nephews                                     My wonderful sisters-in-law

 Baby G and I send out a great big hug and thanks to everyone involved with this shower! 


*******
"Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act
that two people in love can commit."
~Bill Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment