Mexican Flag Cake

Last week some of the pilots' wives got together for a potluck taco dinner.  The evening was full of good company, good conversation, and great food :)  I love to bake so I made a festive Mexican flag cake to take along.

Nothing made from scratch this time but it still turned out great :)

Rockin' my Air Force apron (thanks mom!) and using a power converter box for the mixer.  Dulce was unimpressed by this process; notice her reflection in the cabinet :)


A layered cake cutter is essential for making flat, uniformly cut layers.  I bought this at Michael's Craft Store for less than $5 last year - it does the job.

I bought this "Mega Lifter" at a Pampered Chef party a few months ago and I LOVE it!  It's essentially a giant spatula (roughly 10" x 10") that is perfect for lifting and moving pizzas, cakes, large pastries, a whole tray of cookies at once, etc.  It made stacking these cake layers so easy!




I didn't bring my cake platter to Korea so my large fiesta dish served the purpose instead :) 


It's always fun to slice into a multi-colored layered cake!  It tasted great too :)

*******
"Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should."
~Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment