Yeonpo Beach

Last week I took a day trip to Yeonpo Beach near the town of Taean with some other wives and their children.  It took about an hour and a half to get there but it was a nice drive and we had a DVD player to entertain the kids.

It was a perfect day for the beach.  It wasn't too hot or too sunny, although I still managed to sunburn the the top of my feet where I forgot to put sunscreen.  The beach was practically deserted either because it was a weekday or because of the Koreans' dislike for the sun (more on that in another post).  We arrived when the tide was on its way out and we watched it recede amazingly far for a few hours.



The sand in some places looked like gold glitter.  It was beautiful!

The children who came along had a great time playing in the sand and the water.







I found a blue and red starfish that got stranded with the receding tide.  I thought it was plastic at first because I've never seen anything like this on a beach before!  It was still alive so I held onto him for a little while to show the others but I threw him into the water before we left.



There were tons of these little colorful shells.  I kept a few of them :)



*******
"Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach."
~Michelle Held

2 comments: